If you’ve ever wondered what is the difference between sessions and events, this article is for you.
Types of sessions
You can have multiple types of sessions in the app:
- s: these are sessions or meetings that start on the spot, as soon as you click its button.Instant session
- You add agendas, resources, and participants as you go.
- s: these sessions you schedule for the future.Planned session
- You can prepare and add in advance agendas, resources, and participants.
- : A room is a permanent meeting space that has a unique URL, which means the link doesn’t change. You can enter a room at any point you want.Rooms
- You can share it with a team member. They will automatically become Co-hosts for that Room, which means they can enter and manage it without you.
- When you first configure the Room’s settings, you can attach an agenda which will be available every time you enter the room and have a session in it.
- Booked sessions (): These sessions come through our booking system.Book me
- They usually have a registration form that you can personalize and participants have to fill in before scheduling the call.
Our Events feature is perfect for more complex gatherings, like webinars and workshops.
An event comes with:
- A landing page that you can customize with your branding, speakers, agenda, and even social media links.
- A registration form that can be fully personalized to cover everything you want to know from your audience before the event goes live.
- Tracking codes (UTM codes) to know where people who register are coming from.
- Speakers that are not only displayed on the landing page, but you can attach them to specific agenda items.
- Analytics where you can see when a participant entered, when they left, and how much time they spent in the event.
These features are almost entirely specific to Events. The other types of sessions that you can have inside the app do not have them.
👉 Read more about