- How to configure My Product tool:
- How to request control over My Product tool:
- My Product tool vs. Embedding a link
My Product tool allows you to showcase your app, website, or any other platform directly into your meeting.
Once configured, this tool automatically becomes available to all Workspace members.
How to configure My Product tool:
- From Sessions Home, click on your Profile picture (lower left corner).
- Click on Account settings.
- Under Workspace settings, click on My Product tool.
- Click on Add product.
- Upload your logo. This logo will be the icon representing My Product tool, which is visible to all Workspace members.
- Check the box confirming that you can use the logo image.
- Paste the URL for the browser-based app/tool/platform you want to showcase.
- Choose the tool’s name and write it in the dedicated input box.
- Add a description of the tool.
- When you’re done, click on Confirm.
If you want to see how the product will look in live meetings, click on Preview tool.
As configured by the Admin, My Product tool will be available for all Workspace members, and they can embed this tool:
- In live meetings (Instant sessions, Planned sessions, Rooms, Booked meetings, Events)
- In agendas
When added to an agenda item, My Product tool will display the logo and name the admin chose.
How to request control over My Product tool:
Assistants have a Request control button at top, on the left of the View button (Gallery/Speakers). Once assistants click that button, they’ll automatically have control over the tool embedded.
Participants also have a Request control button at top, on the left of the View button (Gallery/Speakers). Once they click that button, you, as the host, will receive a notification to accept or decline their request to control the tool ⬇️:
Participant will see this notification after you’ve given them access to the tool ⬇️:
My Product tool vs. Embedding a link
The main difference between sharing a link through your palette or embedding My Product tool is this:
- When you’re using My Product tool, only one person presents, and everybody in the audience follows the presentation of that link, app, or platform that’s configured in My Product tool. Co-hosts and participants can request to take control over the presentation while everybody else sees what they are doing.
- When simply sharing a link through the Share palette, everybody in the audience can interact with the website embedded on their own. The activity of each participant is private.