- How to add a Webhook:
- Triggers supported by Sessions:
- Data structure for each trigger
- 1. (SESSION|BOOKING|EVENT)\_(CREATED|STARTED|ENDED), EVENT_PUBLISHED:
- 2. EVENT_NEW_REGISTRATION:
- 3. TAKEAWAY_READY:
- 4. TRANSCRIPT_READY:
- How to use Sessions' Webhooks with other apps
- Example of use cases for Webhooks
A webhook is a feature that enables real-time communication between different applications or services. It allows Sessions to automatically send data or notifications to another application when specific events occur. We call such events triggers.
The data that is sent through the webhook has the following format:
When more information is required, webhooks can be easily used together with our public API.
How to add a Webhook:
- Go to your Profile → Account settings.
- Click on Webhooks.
- Click on Add a webhook.
- Choose the trigger and copy the URL of your choice.
- And click on Add webhook.
- You can always edit or delete your webhooks.
Triggers supported by Sessions:
Data structure for each trigger
1. (SESSION|BOOKING|EVENT)\_(CREATED|STARTED|ENDED), EVENT_PUBLISHED:
How to use Sessions' Webhooks with other apps
An HTTPS server is essential for setting up a webhook to relay data from Sessions to your server.
The endpoint from this server should use the HTTPS protocol for security reasons and able to handle JSON payloads, specified in this documentation. Thus, you will need a publicly accessible URL that uses HTTPS to set up Webhooks. This HTTPS server can be your own or from other apps like Zapier, RequestBin etc.
Example of use cases for Webhooks
- For every participant that registers to your event, you can set up a webhook that is triggered for EVENT_NEW_REGISTRATION and send them with external apps additional emails with different materials for your event.
- For the same webhook trigger, EVENT_NEW_REGISTRATION, you can filter the form answers from registration and based on certain response, to use external apps to send them additional emails with different materials or marketing info.
- For EVENT_PUBLISHED webhook trigger, you can use it with an external app, to send emails to a group of contacts and inform them that you've published an event and they should check it out.
- For EVENT_ENDED webhook trigger, you can set with an external app to sent out survey to get feedback about the event from participants
- For BOOKING_CREATED webhook trigger, you can set with an external app to send out notifications to your team.
- For BOOKING_ENDED webhook trigger, you can set with an external app to sent out survey to get feedback about the meeting from participants