- 👉 How to add and configure a custom domain (CNAME)
- 🔎 Custom domain particularities
- ❌ Delete a custom domain
You can now link your custom domain to the platform to personalize your Sessions Workspace account. Remember, the process requires you to have a domain purchased and already set up.
👉 How to add and configure a custom domain (CNAME)
- Go to My Profile (lower left corner).
- Click View Profile.
- Click on Custom domain.
- Switch on the Apply custom domain button.
- Add your domain when prompted (e.g., testexample.com).
- From the table, copy the CNAME value and go to your DNS settings page.
- Add this value as CNAME for the following records in your DNS configuration that you need to create:
- Sessions app: <your.domain>
- Sessions services: event.<your.domain>
- Back in Sessions, you’ll see two statuses next to your domain: “Waiting for DNS” and “Waiting for SSL”. This step can take a few minutes to process.
- If everything is in order, the status will eventually change to Ready.
🔎 Custom domain particularities
- Only Workspace Administrators can set up custom domains.
- The Sessions domain will still be available to you. You can access both at any given time.
- Email notifications will be sent for your custom domain, if the custom domain is active and ready. The invitation link that your participants will receive will be for this domain (your.domain/session/etc.). When the custom domain is disabled, the links will be sent with the Sessions domain (app.sessions.us/session/etc.).
- For security reasons, every action that requires authentication between Sessions and outside providers, will be done on the Sessions domain. This includes:
- Sync for Calendars: You will be redirected to the Sessions domain in a new tab. After you manage your connections, you will be able to see them both in the Sessions domain and your custom domain.
- Any integration that requires authentication (Google Word, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc.): You will be redirected to the Sessions domain in a new tab. After the sync is done, you can use the tools in the Sessions domain or your custom domain.
- In the Lobby of Planned sessions or during live gatherings, you will be able to start the sync process for tools that require it (Google Word, Google Sheets, Notion, Evernote).
You will also be redirected to a new tab to the Sessions domain where the authentication process will take place. When it is done, you will need to refresh the original tab with your Planned session or live meeting, for the changes to take effect.
To avoid this hassle, we advise you to go over these steps before the session or event is live.
❌ Delete a custom domain
Once you switch off the toggle, it will completely delete the link to your custom domain.
Note: If you’ve created sessions or events and invited others, they will see an error message when trying to access the gathering’s link on your custom domain. They will not be redirected to the Sessions domain.
Temporary workaround: Go to your Sessions account and make a change to your session’s name or date. This will trigger an email notification for your participants that you’ve made changes to the session, and it will include the session’s link from the Sessions domain.