Sessions application for Slack allows you to schedule, start and join sessions directly from any Slack channel, private group, or direct message using the /sessions command.
Sessions application for Slack allows you the following:
- Create and join an Instant Session: /sessions now
- To plan a session for later (only 24-hour format is accepted): /sessions later <today/tomorrow> <HH:mm> <HH:mm> [sessionName]
- To check your upcoming sessions for today: /sessions list
Suppose you require help remembering all these commands, type /sessions help, and a list with all the shortcuts will be available for you to consult. To remove Sessions permissions, type /sessions logout.
How to configure Sessions application for Slack
- Open Slack
- Click on More from Slack’s sidebar
- Select Apps
- Type Sessions in the search bar
- Find Sessions app and click Add
- Another tab opens. Click Add to Slack
- Review and Allow the requested permissions
- The two apps are now connected
- A Sessions account ◦ If you don’t have an account already, please register here. ◦ If you have an account, please make sure you’re logged in.
- A Slack Account