Last updated on: 14 June 2022
WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our Platform, make contact with other users on our Platform, link to our Platform, or interact with our Platform in any other way.
BY USING OUR PLATFORM YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By using our Platform, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Platform.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Platform, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may not use our Platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In any manner that disrupts the operation of our Platform or business or the website or business of any other entity.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To upload terrorist content.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Platform in contravention of the provisions of our terms of Platform use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
- any part of our Platform;
- any equipment or network on which our Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Platform, including, without limitation:
- Video-sharing facilities.
- Chat rooms.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Platform, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor, or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Platform, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We do not store terrorist content.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Platform (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Sessions will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A. Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable.
B. Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Sessions, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducements to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other platforms.
USE OF THE PLATFORM
When using the Platform and the Services offered, you may not:
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Services;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service, or system;
- create a false identity on the Services;
- send any private information of any third party, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and personal detail in the personal identity document;
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Platform.
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all actions we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.